Monday, July 20, 2009

Some people are asking me...so I will post it...

They are asking me why I am eating vegan...

I will not call myself a Vegan...I am just adapting a vegan lifestyle..Yes I love animals...but this was not my main reason. I did it for the healthy option of eating more veggies and fruits and losing weight ...and as I read the book Skinny Bitch...it made me never want to eat meat again! After I finished it, i found myself so disgusted by the meat/dairy industry. So much so that vegan seems to be the way to go...not only due to animal cruelty but also for overall health. I am losing weight...and it was not coming off before as it is now. I don't knock anyone who eats meat...I did so for 37 years of my life...Its your choice...I just hate when I tell people I am eating Vegan and they offer me MEAT!!! It burns me up inside.


I highly recommend reading it if you want to become a vegetarian or vegan or just want to know the truth about what you put in your body. However I will say that if you want to continue to eat meat and dairy and see that as a good thing... ignorance truly must be bliss.
This is why I don’t call myself a vegan. I just strive to eat a vegan diet. I don’t eat this way for ethical reasons, I do it because I feel better when I do and the weight comes off easier!!

No comments: